[games_access] games_access Digest, Vol 89, Issue 14

Ian Hamilton i_h at hotmail.com
Wed Jul 20 19:42:06 EDT 2011



Sandra:
Just checking what you're.. are you looking for other people to take part, equipment to be provided or games to showcase? I can give some suggestions for them if that's helpful.
Tara:

Yep have some success stories, one really nice heartwarming one in particular. Also another website for you - http://www.bbc.co.uk/guidelines/futuremedia/accessibility/games.shtml


> From: games_access-request at igda.org

> Subject: games_access Digest, Vol 89, Issue 14

> To: games_access at igda.org

> Date: Wed, 20 Jul 2011 16:48:57 -0400

>

> Send games_access mailing list submissions to

> games_access at igda.org

>

> To subscribe or unsubscribe via the World Wide Web, visit

> http://seven.pairlist.net/mailman/listinfo/games_access

> or, via email, send a message with subject or body 'help' to

> games_access-request at igda.org

>

> You can reach the person managing the list at

> games_access-owner at igda.org

>

> When replying, please edit your Subject line so it is more specific

> than "Re: Contents of games_access digest..."

>

>

> Today's Topics:

>

> 1. Share you accessibility website! (Tara Voelker (Tefertiller))

> 2. Got a "room" for a GA presentation at gamescom congress - can

> we do this? (Sandra Uhling)

> 3. Re: Got a "room" for a GA presentation at gamescom congress -

> can we do this? (Tara Voelker (Tefertiller))

> 4. Have a success case you'd like to share?

> (Tara Voelker (Tefertiller))

> 5. Re: Got a "room" for a GA presentation at gamescom congress -

> can we do this? (Sandra Uhling)

> 6. IGDA GA-SIG Information - Flyer? (Sandra Uhling)

>

>

> ----------------------------------------------------------------------

>

> Message: 1

> Date: Wed, 20 Jul 2011 13:09:36 -0400

> From: "Tara Voelker (Tefertiller)" <ttefertiller at igda-gasig.org>

> Subject: [games_access] Share you accessibility website!

> To: IGDA Games Accessibility SIG Mailing List <games_access at igda.org>

> Message-ID:

> <CAMfP0Ak56C3o6zmpzHi_bfkQq+XzY50ca1U+3BqHzXrdkQiN9Q at mail.gmail.com>

> Content-Type: text/plain; charset="windows-1252"

>

> Have a website that has great accessibility knowledge for game devs or the

> public, but it's not on this list?

>

> Email me to let me know so I can add it!

>

>

> - AbilityNet <http://abilitynet.wetpaint.com/page/Accessible+Games>

> - AbleGamers <http://www.ablegamers.com/>

> - Accessible GameBase <http://www.gamebase.info/>

> - Accessible Gaming Shop <http://www.oneswitch.org.uk/1/AGS.htm>

> - AGRIP <http://www.agrip.org.uk/>

> - AssistiveGaming.com <http://www.assistivegaming.com/>

> - Audio Games <http://www.audiogames.net/>

> - Blind Computer

> Games<http://igda-gasig.org/communities-additional-websites/blindcomputergames.com>

> - D-Gamer <http://dgamerblog.wordpress.com/>

> - Deaf Gamers <http://www.deafgamers.com/>

> - EGuide Dog ? Free Blind Software <http://www.eguidedog.net/>

> - Eye Tracker Forum <http://www.cogain.org/forum/>

> - Foot Gaming <http://www.footgaming.com/>

> - Future Making Serious Games <http://elianealhadeff.blogspot.com/>

> - Game-Accessibility.com <http://www.game-accessibility.com/>

> - Games[cc] <http://www.gamescc.rbkdesign.com/>

> - Game Forward <http://gamefwd.org/>

> - The Gaming Kitsune <http://gamingkitsune.blogspot.com/>

> - Help You Play <http://www.helpyouplay.com/>

> - Martin Tall on Gaze Interaction <http://gazeinteraction.blogspot.com/>

> - NAMCO Rehabilitainment <http://www.hustle-club.com/> (in Japanese)

> - OneSwitch.org.uk <http://www.oneswitch.org.uk/4/games/0index.htm>

> - OneSwitch.org.uk Blog <http://switchgaming.blogspot.com/>

> - Pin Interactive <http://www.pininteractive.com/>

> - Quad Control <http://quadcontrol.com/>

> - Retro Remakes <http://www.retroremakes.com/>

> - Robert Florio <http://www.robertflorio.com/games.html>

> - Special Effect <http://www.specialeffect.org.uk/>

> - Tera-Kirk Blog <http://www.gamecritics.com/blog/tera-kirk>

> - UA-Games <http://www.ics.forth.gr/hci/ua-games/>

> - Videojuegos Accesibles <http://videojuegosaccesibles.blogspot.com/>

> - 7-128 Software <http://www.7128.com/>

>

>

>

> --

> Tara (Tefertiller) Voelker - Chairperson : igda-gasig.org

> -------------- next part --------------

> An HTML attachment was scrubbed...

> URL: <http://seven.pairlist.net/pipermail/games_access/attachments/20110720/f9ff9547/attachment-0001.html>

>

> ------------------------------

>

> Message: 2

> Date: Wed, 20 Jul 2011 19:49:31 +0200

> From: "Sandra Uhling" <sandra_uhling at web.de>

> Subject: [games_access] Got a "room" for a GA presentation at gamescom

> congress - can we do this?

> To: "'IGDA Games Accessibility SIG Mailing List'"

> <games_access at igda.org>

> Message-ID: <001301cc4705$61587f20$24097d60$@de>

> Content-Type: text/plain; charset="us-ascii"

>

> Hello,

>

> I have one room at the gamescom to present Game Accessibility.

> It would be part of the gamescom congress, so only for one day.

>

> Money: We will get nothing, we have to pay everything on our own.

> Ticket: We do not have to buy tickets, the entrance to the congress is free.

> One person, me, will be there anyway.

>

> Equipment: ? (We can maybe get some little bit)

>

> Topic: Basic information, "showroom", possibility to try it out

> Open Question: What games could be presented?

>

> 18.06.2011 Thursday

>

> The question is: Can we do this?

> I need the answer soon.

>

> When we cannot do this, I will have to ask others.

> I can also ask for a cooperation with another organization.

>

>

>

> Best regards,

> Sandra

>

>

>

>

> ------------------------------

>

> Message: 3

> Date: Wed, 20 Jul 2011 14:52:34 -0400

> From: "Tara Voelker (Tefertiller)" <ttefertiller at igda-gasig.org>

> Subject: Re: [games_access] Got a "room" for a GA presentation at

> gamescom congress - can we do this?

> To: IGDA Games Accessibility SIG Mailing List <games_access at igda.org>

> Message-ID:

> <CAMfP0AkYr3Qowq1PCpGOZ2b-ZRpSZ+WYsy1QG-RGVuW+6osNuA at mail.gmail.com>

> Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1"

>

> Hi Sandra,

>

> Where is Gamescom Congress? Additionally, would you be able to provide a

> website to so that people would be able to learn more information about the

> event?

>

>

>

> --

> Tara (Tefertiller) Voelker - Chairperson : igda-gasig.org

>

>

>

> On Wed, Jul 20, 2011 at 1:49 PM, Sandra Uhling <sandra_uhling at web.de> wrote:

>

> > Hello,

> >

> > I have one room at the gamescom to present Game Accessibility.

> > It would be part of the gamescom congress, so only for one day.

> >

> > Money: We will get nothing, we have to pay everything on our own.

> > Ticket: We do not have to buy tickets, the entrance to the congress is

> > free.

> > One person, me, will be there anyway.

> >

> > Equipment: ? (We can maybe get some little bit)

> >

> > Topic: Basic information, "showroom", possibility to try it out

> > Open Question: What games could be presented?

> >

> > 18.06.2011 Thursday

> >

> > The question is: Can we do this?

> > I need the answer soon.

> >

> > When we cannot do this, I will have to ask others.

> > I can also ask for a cooperation with another organization.

> >

> >

> >

> > Best regards,

> > Sandra

> >

> >

> > _______________________________________________

> > games_access mailing list

> > games_access at igda.org

> > http://seven.pairlist.net/mailman/listinfo/games_access

> > The main SIG website page is http://igda-gasig.org

> >

> -------------- next part --------------

> An HTML attachment was scrubbed...

> URL: <http://seven.pairlist.net/pipermail/games_access/attachments/20110720/5ce3012d/attachment-0001.htm>

>

> ------------------------------

>

> Message: 4

> Date: Wed, 20 Jul 2011 14:57:36 -0400

> From: "Tara Voelker (Tefertiller)" <ttefertiller at igda-gasig.org>

> Subject: [games_access] Have a success case you'd like to share?

> To: IGDA Games Accessibility SIG Mailing List <games_access at igda.org>

> Message-ID:

> <CAMfP0A=Bt4dkhRX6pO=OVV3-641bpBf+x=kNCd_QjehdaLN4kg at mail.gmail.com>

> Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1"

>

> Do you have a success case you'd like to share?

>

> Has there been a moment that has really helped you keep pushing forward with

> your accessibility work or made you all fuzzy inside?

>

> If so, please email me *off list* with your experience. I plan on doing

> something special with them!

>

> --

> Tara (Tefertiller) Voelker - Chairperson : igda-gasig.org

> -------------- next part --------------

> An HTML attachment was scrubbed...

> URL: <http://seven.pairlist.net/pipermail/games_access/attachments/20110720/d108abd8/attachment-0001.html>

>

> ------------------------------

>

> Message: 5

> Date: Wed, 20 Jul 2011 22:17:11 +0200

> From: "Sandra Uhling" <sandra_uhling at web.de>

> Subject: Re: [games_access] Got a "room" for a GA presentation at

> gamescom congress - can we do this?

> To: "'IGDA Games Accessibility SIG Mailing List'"

> <games_access at igda.org>

> Message-ID: <001501cc471a$025be380$0713aa80$@de>

> Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1"

>

> Hi,

>

> sorry, I thought this event would be better known.

>

> gamescom: Cologne, Germany

> http://www.gamescom-cologne.com/en/gamescom/home/index.php

>

> The gamescom congress is a one day event on the gamescom.

>

> Best regards,

> Sandra

>

>

> -----Urspr?ngliche Nachricht-----

> Von: games_access-bounces at igda.org [mailto:games_access-bounces at igda.org] Im

> Auftrag von Tara Voelker (Tefertiller)

> Gesendet: Mittwoch, 20. Juli 2011 20:53

> An: IGDA Games Accessibility SIG Mailing List

> Betreff: Re: [games_access] Got a "room" for a GA presentation at gamescom

> congress - can we do this?

>

> Hi Sandra,

>

> Where is Gamescom Congress? Additionally, would you be able to provide a

> website to so that people would be able to learn more information about the

> event?

>

>

>

> --

>

> Tara (Tefertiller) Voelker - Chairperson : igda-gasig.org

> <http://igda-gasig.org/>

>

> <http://gasig.files.wordpress.com/2011/06/igda_gasig_banner21.jpg>

>

>

> On Wed, Jul 20, 2011 at 1:49 PM, Sandra Uhling <sandra_uhling at web.de> wrote:

>

>

> Hello,

>

> I have one room at the gamescom to present Game Accessibility.

> It would be part of the gamescom congress, so only for one day.

>

> Money: We will get nothing, we have to pay everything on our own.

> Ticket: We do not have to buy tickets, the entrance to the congress

> is free.

> One person, me, will be there anyway.

>

> Equipment: ? (We can maybe get some little bit)

>

> Topic: Basic information, "showroom", possibility to try it out

> Open Question: What games could be presented?

>

> 18.06.2011 Thursday

>

> The question is: Can we do this?

> I need the answer soon.

>

> When we cannot do this, I will have to ask others.

> I can also ask for a cooperation with another organization.

>

>

>

> Best regards,

> Sandra

>

>

> _______________________________________________

> games_access mailing list

> games_access at igda.org

> http://seven.pairlist.net/mailman/listinfo/games_access

> The main SIG website page is http://igda-gasig.org

> <http://igda-gasig.org/>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

> ------------------------------

>

> Message: 6

> Date: Wed, 20 Jul 2011 22:48:59 +0200

> From: "Sandra Uhling" <sandra_uhling at web.de>

> Subject: [games_access] IGDA GA-SIG Information - Flyer?

> To: "'IGDA Games Accessibility SIG Mailing List'"

> <games_access at igda.org>

> Message-ID: <001601cc471e$739aaf50$5ad00df0$@de>

> Content-Type: text/plain; charset="us-ascii"

>

> Hi,

>

> do we have some kind of flyer?

> It would be great to have some kind of flyer available.

>

> I could put them on a table.

> At the moment I do not have any information I could use.

>

> Best regards,

> Sandra

>

>

>

> ------------------------------

>

> _______________________________________________

> games_access mailing list

> games_access at igda.org

> http://seven.pairlist.net/mailman/listinfo/games_access

> The main SIG website page is http://igda-gasig.org

>

> End of games_access Digest, Vol 89, Issue 14

> ********************************************


-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
URL: <http://seven.pairlist.net/pipermail/games_access/attachments/20110720/6b41c976/attachment-0001.htm>


More information about the games_access mailing list