[games_access] Looking for One Switch Games thoughts...

Eelke Folmer eelke.folmer at gmail.com
Wed May 4 19:55:00 EDT 2011

Hi Tim,

<shamelessselfpromotion>
I got a few one switch research findings on my website
http://eelke.com/oneswitchgames.html
Including a 1 switch bejeweled, first person shooter and monkeyball game.
I also synthesize three different strategies that are used to make games
switch accessible.
</shamelessselfpromotion>

Best Eelke

On Wed, May 4, 2011 at 7:54 AM, Tim Holt <tim.m.holt at gmail.com> wrote:

> Barrie - thanks for that list!

> Tim

> On Wed, May 4, 2011 at 12:54 AM, Barrie Ellis <oneswitch at gmail.com> wrote:

>> Good calls, Tara.

>> Also - "Squid Yes: Not So Octopus" and Fishie Fishie 50 are one-switch

>> playable on Xbox Live, and there's more. Fishing Girl I think too... Love

>> the theme of Gaya. Nice one.

>>> for one switch but playable as one switch" commercial games?

>>> The same goes for resources and ideas for one switch games created

>>> without accessibility in mind. The Gamma 4 one button competition for GDC

>>> 2010 was a good example of this. I talked with some of the developers at

>>> GDC, and was sort of surprised to find out some of them had no idea that one

>>> switch interactions were viewable from the accessibility point of view. I

>>> was pleased that when I mentioned accessibility and one switch design was a

>>> whole "culture" out there already, a few developers had those proverbial

>>> lightbulbs go off in their minds.

>>> Tim

>>> games_access mailing list

>>> games_access at igda.org