[games_access] Updating the SIG White Paper

Tara Voelker (Tefertiller) ttefertiller at igda-gasig.org
Mon May 9 14:03:56 EDT 2011

Ohhhhhhhhhh but I love google docs. :)

But really, I am up for whatever works for everyone. Just let me know your
preferences.

I love that update it once a year idea. That is pretty brilliant.

And it doesn't matter what way we end up edited the paper we should have a
list of those editing it, or the "editing team" as it were.

And emailing Michelle off list with the doc

--
Tara (Tefertiller) Voelker - Chairperson
IGDA Game Accessibility SIG

igda-gasig.org
http://gameaccesssig.forumotion.com/

On Mon, May 9, 2011 at 1:23 PM, Michelle Hinn <hinn at uiuc.edu> wrote:

> Another thought is that it can be revisited every, say, year to add new

> research citations (I know Thomas, Dimitris, Kevin and I will want to add

> research papers that have been published since the original was written).

> Or, perhaps, we could have a "take a good look at it once a year but any

> major additions can be made as soon as possible). That way it's a project

> that it's alway on-going rather than getting as old as it is now.

> And, yeah, if you go to the US Census website, all the latest info is

> there. We'll definitely want to have the most recent data from any census we

> can get in any major market (US, UK, Japan...etc etc...not leaving countries

> out just giving examples).

> I really hate (sorry...) Google Docs. I've worked on three papers recently

> (including one with Thomas, Dimitris, and Kevin) that became such a pain to

> edit that we just cc:ed each other on who had the word doc and attached the

> latest versions to email). So -- and this is just me, maybe -- we should

> find out who actively wants to work on it (be the "white paper working

> group" officially and therefore directly contributes and has their name on

> it as a personal contributor) and start a cc: list instead?

> And...I didn't get the google doc invite -- can you (sorry...) send it to

> me as a word doc directly?

> Hope you guys had a great time on your honeymoon!!! :)

> Michelle

> On May 9, 2011, at 1:01 PM, Tara Voelker (Tefertiller) wrote:

> No, not at all. It's done when we think it's ready. I don't want to rush

> anyone, I know we're all busy.

> On Mon, May 9, 2011 at 12:58 PM, Javier Mairena <javier.mairena at gmail.com>wrote:

>> Is there a dead line for editing?

>> On 9 May 2011 16:47, Tara Voelker (Tefertiller) <

>> ttefertiller at igda-gasig.org> wrote:

>>> Hello All!

>>> I am back from my honeymoon! It was great!

>>> Now, in one of the 65406546514657146 emails I got from the SIG while I

>>> was gone, Sandra in Michelle had talked in one of them about

>>> updating/re-doing the white paper.

>>> I am totally for this. I had actually been going through on my own and

>>> taking our white paper and adding in newer US census data (that's what the

>>> original white paper quotes, although by now I got probably get in even

>>> newer census data, since the 2010 numbers have been released now), adding in

>>> new information to deal with new consoles and peripherals like the Wii and

>>> Kinect, and adding in new games that have been developed that incorporated

>>> accessibility features. (If you remember a month or 2 ago, I sent out a

>>> request for games to include in the update- I may have been posted them in

>>> forums. I got a few responses.)