[games_access] FB Games and Acessibility
sandra_uhling at web.de
Tue May 10 07:58:51 EDT 2011
well there is still a BIG difference:
Normally web accessibility care about information and now shop systems.
Games are still different and much more complex!
Von: games_access-bounces at igda.org [mailto:games_access-bounces at igda.org] Im
Auftrag von Javier Mairena
Gesendet: Dienstag, 10. Mai 2011 13:50
An: IGDA Games Accessibility SIG Mailing List
Betreff: Re: [games_access] FB Games and Acessibility
An FB application can be one of these types:
- FBML (or something like that), that is a FB code like html but only to
make FB app webs. This one is rarely use to make games.
- iFrame. That is only a web page inside FB page. Wich almost FB game use.
So, making games on FB is almost the same to do on a web page (talking about
On 10 May 2011 13:31, Sandra Uhling <sandra_uhling at web.de> wrote:
do we have information about this?
To be honest, I do not know anything about FB Games.
I tried one game:
* does not work with keyboard only
* does not have focus highlighted
* does not work without pictures
* uses animation (no button for "stop animation")
* does not work without CSS (I am wondering if this test is really
So my result is that FB Games are totally different from normal
Accessibility is much much much much complexer. Also we cannot adapt
Web accessibility know how. I am not able to give "easy to realize"
I had to give the recommendation that the person should care more
normal business and maybe try to get a research project in the
What do you think?
games_access mailing list
games_access at igda.org
The main SIG website page is http://igda-gasig.org
More information about the games_access