[games_access] Game Accessibility not part of the conference about digital barriers

Thomas Westin thomasw at dsv.su.se
Thu Aug 23 05:02:42 EDT 2012

yes, according to Huizinga, play and games have in various (later stages of) culture all of the world not been considered socially accepted; play among adults is only allowed in the ritual, or poetry etc. Play can be very seriuos indeed. The term serious games is a paradox but also a very expressive as a way to say play but not play - with the underlying purpose of making games socially accepted.

So the reaction to games may be understood this way; however disappointing

Kind regards,
Thomas

(Sent from my mobile)