[games_access] something important I want to share

Barrie Ellis oneswitch at gmail.com
Thu Jun 21 10:52:31 EDT 2012

I must be honest, Sandra, that I'm not sure if I quite follow everything
you're saying, and without reading the paper, I'll only be making guesses.
However, personally I think all games should have a reasonably practicable
level of accessibility myself.

I do think it wrong that a game should only offer a way in through a very
complicated control interface. Likewise I do believe that all new and public
buildings should have wheelchair access.

I also think Tomb Raider could be made blind accessible, with a lot of
additional assist modes (there is an audiogame inspired by Tomb Raider that
exists - but I'm thinking more along the lines of Space Invaders for Blind -
where both games are playable simultaneously). Certainly wouldn't be an easy
thing to achieve, but I believe it's do-able, likewise a one-switch Tomb
Raider is also a possibility.

Barrie