[games_access] IGDA BoD Elections Have Begun!

Sheri Rubin sheri at designdirectdeliver.com
Fri Mar 2 12:06:28 EST 2012

Hi All,

*Voting Has Begun!
*
Just wanted to remind all of you to be sure to vote in the IGDA Board of
Directors elections. The elections are going on now and end March 18th.
This is your best opportunity to help select the leadership that runs
the org and will be working to help all of us improve the IGDA and
industry as a whole.

You should have an email from the IGDA with the voting link
(www.bit.ly/IGDAElection) and your personalized password. If you are a
paid professional member, and didn't get that email you should get in
touch with James Baldwin (ops at igda.org) so he can help you get that
straightened out.
*
Candidate Information: **
* There are 4 candidates running with 2 open seats for election. You can
find out about them here: http://www.igda.org/elections
*
*The IGDA needs just 1,253 votes to reach quorum.

While I appreciate your support, the most important thing is to make
sure you vote and make your voice heard.

*Personal Note:*
I am running for the Board this year. As a current, very active
volunteer I'd love the opportunity to continue serving on your behalf
but on the higher level that is the Board of Directors. I feel that I've
been able to accomplish a decent amount in my time as a volunteer but
want to try and be able to do more for the entire org and feel that this
is the best next step to making that happen. If elected, I'm hoping to
continue making the contributions I have so far and find more ways to
provide professional development, community, and advocacy for all
developers.

There are a number of good candidates running this year so be sure to
take a look at their statements, past IGDA contributions and vote for
the people you think will best represent your interests. If you do
decide to give me your vote I would also like you to consider giving a
second vote to Kate Edwards (http://kateforigdaboard.blogspot.com). She
is also a long-time, active IGDA volunteer, has a lot of professional
association experience, really knows how to get things done, and would
be a great asset to the board.
*
*My goals in this election are to get elected (obviously) and see the
IGDA hit quorum. If enough people get out and vote, we can hit quorum
just with the votes cast for me!
*
*Can we make that happen? I think we can!

I'm happy to talk to anyone off-list about any of the statements here or
on http://sheriforigda.org or anything else related to the IGDA in general.

With much gratitude,
Sheri Rubin
http://sheriforigda.org