[games_access] Whinge and whine

Richard (AudioGames.net) richard at audiogames.net
Mon Mar 26 10:59:39 EDT 2012

Yes... well... ditto that... maybe Mark would like to elaborate on that
(if you're still here?)?

I can imagine that this is just "one of those phrases" to spice up the
documentary. Sander and I used a sort of similar quote in our Gamasutra
article on game audio frameworks* : "surprisingly little has been
written in the field of ludology about the structure and composition of
game audio. " - which unfortunately hurt some fellow game audio
researchers in maybe a similar fashion. Even though I still believe it
is factually true, I would now have used a lot more nuance.

At the end of the day, the IGDA-SIG was the first real organized attempt
at tackling game accessibility issues. Proof:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Game_accessibility

(BIG WINK)

Greets,

Richard!