[games_access] IndieCity adds accessibility tags

Lynsey Graham lgraham at blitzgamesstudios.com
Tue Nov 20 08:02:17 EST 2012

Hello all!

IndieCity, our indie games portal, has added basic accessibility tags alongside the PEGI-style content descriptors:

http://store.indiecity.com/ratings#age-rating

At the moment we've got icon tags for:

Colour Blind Accessible
Deaf Accessible
Epilepsy Warning
Remappable Controls

Developers can also add their own tags.  I'm hoping to push the visibility of it a bit more so that people know it's there, but I'm quite pleased it's gone live and is alongside the other content descriptors - it's a shame that PEGI don't do the same with boxed products.

Thanks,

Lynsey

Lynsey Graham
Designer | Team Beagle
Blitz Games Studios

Blitz Games Studios Limited is registered in England (company no: 2482913) with registered office at Regent Square House, The Parade, Leamington Spa, Warwickshire, CV32 4NL, UK. This message is intended solely for the addressee and may contain confidential information. If you have received this message in error please send it back to us and immediately and permanently delete it from your system. Do not use, copy or disclose the information contained in this message or in any attachment. Please also note that transmission cannot be guaranteed to be secure or error-free.