[games_access] Xbox One vs PS4 for accessibility

Barrie Ellis oneswitch at gmail.com
Wed Dec 18 18:27:34 EST 2013

Thought I'd post a little update on the Xbox One vs. PS4 for physical access...

Seems the Xbox One presently has a massive advantage, as the Cronus Max team (www.cronusmax.com) have managed to get their cross-controller converter working.

It's said that a huge range of PS3 and Xbox 360 controllers (including many custom accessible controllers) will now work on the Xbox One. The Max Aim App will also allow a Windows PC to connect, enabling speech, JoyToKey (for all kinds of things) and the likes of GlovePie (tailor made speech commands) to work the Xbox One. Very exciting. Adding a cheap "360/P3" adapter will enable the connection of PSone and PS2 controllers (in theory as this does work on the older Cronus Device).

So all the Pinterest accessible options I've posted here are possible on Xbox One too: http://www.pinterest.com/oneswitch/cronus-and-accessibility/

>From a PS4 perspective, there seem to be some problems. It seems that the front-end menu can be controlled by USB connected joypad like devices, but games can't. This is as far as things have got so far on the PS4 to the best of my knowledge: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-knog9jtwLE. Looks like this may need a system update from Sony, to enable USB connected controllers to work too from my basic understanding.

Fingers crossed both Microsoft and Sony get behind this (or at the very least, don't try to stop it). Without adapters like these, these consoles are just bricks to some people.

Barrie