[games_access] First time videogame designer needs help?

Barrie Ellis barrie.ellis at oneswitch.org.uk
Fri Jan 10 09:45:34 EST 2014

Top advice Thomas, and great to see you back in the GASIG forums Robert.

What platform are you looking at developing for, and how big is the game
you have in mind? A great font of knowledge for indie programmers out there
is Rob Fearon (http://www.merseyremakes.co.uk/gibber/) who has been a long
time supporter of game accessibility.

It's not Unity, but Mal Duffin of CanDoInteractive is a talented programmer
in 3D Flash taking on jobs. I can vouch for some of his accessible games of
the past: http://www.candointeractive.com/contact.html

If you can find them, then maybe you can hire Santa Ragione. Loved their
Unity game Fotonica: http://www.santaragione.com/ - another fine accessible
game.

Top tips for game access can be found by Googling "Game Accessibility
Guidelines" "Includification" "SpecialEffect WishList" (there are more).

Barrie