[games_access] Edge Magazine article & "Game Audio Network Guild Ambassador Award"

Brian Schmidt brian at gamesoundcon.com
Mon Mar 24 22:37:06 EDT 2014

FYI,  a nice edge magazine article on accessible gaming.

http://www.edge-online.com/features/access-for-all-meet-the-organisations-an
d-developers-supporting-disabled-players/

Also, at GDC on Thursday at the Game Audio Network Guild Awards (the yearly
'game audio' awards), it was my pleasure to present Brandon with the G.A.N.G
"Ambassador Award" for his efforts raising awareness of blind gaming, and
advocating for high quality audio, which is so important for the blind
community.  (I'm President of that organization).

After his acceptance speech, the 500-person crowd, consisting of the top
names in game music and sound,  gave him a standing ovation, and many were
moved to tears by his stories and passion.

It was a great evening.  (which will tentatively be broadcast on twitch.tv
in a couple weeks).

Brian