[games_access] Information please: Game Designers with Disabilities.

Ian Hamilton i_h at hotmail.com
Thu May 8 18:23:20 EDT 2014

Absolutely agree with everything below, particularly the audyssey mailing list, there are a decent number of blind game devs on there, and if you're talking about online resources I'd imagine that there would be a strong focus on vision impairment and screen-reader support.
Bottom line is that, like gaming itself, if people are passionate about making games they'll take whatever avenue they can to do so, even if their impairment seems to be one that would exclude them from a particular role - even yesterday I was speaking to someone from a large studio who's art director is fully deuteranopic colourblind.

Dan brought up a nice point at the GDC meeting about Unity, a feature that wasn't included in any way for accessibility but that actually opens up use of the engine to many more people - the ability to switch the editor to different skins, with different levels of glare/contrast.
Ian