[games_access] Deaf-Blind Computer Games: Braille or Morse - food for thought

Thomas Westin thomas at westin.nu
Wed Sep 17 17:10:13 EDT 2014

Hi Barrie,

Not exactly a game, but we used a Xbox controller to create an interface with morse-coded vibrations for navigating the web for deaf-blind. As a first step we craeted the prototype and tested it with simulated deaf-blind; our next step is to perform tests with real deaf-blind people. It was presented two weeks ago at ICDVRAT, and the full paper is available here, see pages 257-264 (or page 325 in the PDF):
http://centaur.reading.ac.uk/37397/1/ICDVRAT2014_Full_Proceedings_10th%20_Conf.pdf

Best regards,
Thomas