[games_access] Important Question: What is our meta aim?

Ian Hamilton i_h at hotmail.com
Wed Jan 7 09:33:24 EST 2015

It's USA specific.

FFC = federal communications commission,  ACS = advanced communications services, and I assume NAD = national association of the deaf.

>From what I remember the reason for the waiver was to do with console lifecycles and game development time.

There's something similar in UK law, an area where general accessibility legislation technically applies to games. In the UK accessibility law applies to the supply of goods and services, and not to the goods themselves. So games generally don't fall under it, but if you're offering in app purchases then technically you do.

Not that a case has ever been brought under it, and I don't think it would be wise to either.