[games_access] Fallout 4 - VATS 'Accessibility' Dropped

Steve Spohn steve at ablegamers.com
Thu Jul 9 14:36:06 EDT 2015

It was an extremely broken system. Even though i used it myself it was
definitely broken. Its important to remember accidentally accessible can't
be relied on, only good game design.

On Wednesday, July 8, 2015, John R. Porter <jrporter at uw.edu> wrote:
> Yeah, I noticed during the E3 presentation that time was definitely still
progressing when they went into VATS, which made me cringe a tiny bit for
the obvious reasons you mentioned. I can't say I'm totally surprised by the
change, though, because VATS was widely regarded as rather broken and in
need of a serious nerf if they wanted the game to actually be played as an
FPS.
> If it's possible to change, I'm sure a mod will address it. Fingers
crossed that it's actually possible!
> -John
>
> -- -- -- -- --
> John R. Porter III
> www.jrp3.net
> University of Washington,
> Human Centered Design & Engineering
>
> On Wed, Jul 8, 2015 at 6:54 PM, Andreas Lopez <andreas.lopez93 at gmail.com>
wrote:

>> http://www.gamesradar.com/fallout-4-vats-info/
>> VATS is no longer freezing, instead it slows down the time. This could
lead to some frustration of disabled players who could play a shooter-style
game like Fallout EXACTLY because of this, however I am pretty sure that
the modding community will bring an 'Original VATS' feature, it is just
said that Bethesda doesn't realize that they had a perfect accessibility
feature and dropped it.
>> Sincerely,
>>
>> Andreas Lopez

Steve Spohn

*Chief Operations Officer*

AbleGamers Charity
AbleGamers.com <http://www.ablegamers.com/> | Facebook
<http://www.facebook.com/ablegamers> | Twitter
<http://www.twitter.com/ablegamers>

Read the award-winning, critically acclaimed set of game accessibility
guidelines for developers to create mainstream games that are accessible to
*everyone*: Includification.com