[games_access] Toolkits for making GL rendered content screen reader accessible?

Brandon Keith Biggs brandonkeithbiggs at gmail.com
Fri Jan 13 09:20:14 EST 2017

Hello,
I am wondering what research or work has been done on making GL rendered
content accessible to screen reader users?
Ian was mentioning on the Unity Screen reader accessibility thread:
https://feedback.unity3d.com/suggestions/screen-reader-accessibility
That Apple had an idea to replicate the UI above the app, but I can't find
any information about this at all. Are there any articles or papers on
Apple's trial? Was this invisible UI ever tried on the PC?

I think that a layer like this would be very useful, especially if the
application had some sort of image or character recognition to present new
content to the screen reader.
Are there any other applications or companies who have made (or tried to
make) any programs to add accessibility to prebuilt apps and particularly
GL rendered apps and games?
Thanks,

Brandon Keith Biggs <http://brandonkeithbiggs.com/>