[games_access] Need help identifying bad game examples

Luke BROOK l.brook at ecu.edu.au
Mon May 1 11:00:19 EDT 2017

Hi Chad,

For auditory/hearing impairment there are a multitude of bad examples. A good starting point is this thread on Neogaf on poor implementation of subtitles and closed captions: http://m.neogaf.com/showthread.php?t=965972

It includes a number of examples of what not to do when implementing textual feedback. Ian Hamilton actually developed a good practices guide in response too, which is top notch:
How_to_do_subtitles_well__basics_and_good_practices.php

Of course hearing accessibility considerations should extend well beyond textual forms of feedback... but often don't. A simpler task would be to shortlist good examples, as the list would be much smaller!

Thanks,
Luke

-
Luke Brook
Lecturer Games & Interactivity
School of Arts and Humanities | Edith Cowan University
2 Bradford Street, Mt Lawley, Western Australia - 6050
Phone: (+61) 401 904 671<tel:+61)%20401%20904%20671> | Email: l.brook at ecu.edu.au<mailto:l.brook at ecu.edu.au>

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy smartphone.