[Techtoolslist] Fluke 9010a and Sega G80 boards

Clay Cowgill c.cowgill at comcast.net
Thu Apr 16 01:59:24 EDT 2009

> Has anyone tried reading ROM signatures on the Sega G80

> boardsets using the Fluke 9010a? I'm getting inconsistent

> signatures each time I tried to read each rom. I'm able to

> successfully read/write to the CPU and Vector Rams though.

> The boards all work fine with a normal Z80 processor

> installed, but I can't run the game with a Z-80 pod connected

> to it. Just wondering if anyone else has had the same

I used the 9010a with the Sega multigame way back in the day and I don't
remember any gotchas, but I have seen similar behaviour with a 6502 pod and
my Tempest board. (I can't 'run' the game from the pod, although I can
examine and test memory just fine.)

You might try a different CPU in the pod, or another z80 pod if you have one
available.

-Clay