[Techtoolslist] Data I/O 29B Firmware Upgrade

Greg Baumgratz voyager at galaxian.com
Sun Oct 5 16:56:27 EDT 2014

I just picked up a 29B with a ton of extra modules.  The 29B shows v01
so I would like to upgrade the firmware as far as possible.  It looks
like the FTP site has v6 available but i am not sure of the
requirements.  I have ROMs only at u33-u37 and v6 has u32-u38 so there
are additional ROMs used and I also assume that u49 may need to be
replaced as well.  I cant really find any good materials on the upgrade
requirements so I thought i would ask here in case anyone has gone
through the same process.  Are there any additional changes necessary?
Jumpers, etc?  Also, does the RAM board have any limitations in regard
to the firmware?  Apparently I have the 64K board so it is not
upgradeable - does this matter for the firmware level?  Does anyone have
one they are parting out that may have the 256K board they would like to
part with?

Thanks,
Greg