[Techtoolslist] How do you send a hex file to 9010A?

Ian Eure ian at retrospec.tv
Sun Dec 24 00:54:52 EST 2017

Tony Jones writes:

> On Sat, Dec 23, 2017 at 8:37 PM, Tony Jones <tony at tonyjones.com> wrote:
>> There is an option
>> "send a pre-compiled file to the 9010A base unit" which sounds like
>> what I want but I can see no way to select the file.
>
> Ignore, I figured it out about 2 minutes after posting :)
>
> I assumed from the description that "send a pre-compiled file to the
> 9010A base unit" would prompt for the file.  Instead it fails with
> "SYSTEM ERROR 5: Invalid procedure call or argument" and then the app
> starts behaving weirdly..   You need to copy the hex file into one of
> the scripts directories, select that as your script.  Then you can
> invoke "send a pre-compiled file to the 9010A base unit".

Seems like a real hassle.  I’d open any convenient serial terminal and
just paste the contents of the file in.  It’s "hex," but just ASCII
encoded, so will copy/paste fine.

> I'm still interested in the XON/XOFF part of the original question.

I don’t have one in front of me, but I don’t recall seeing that
option.  The 9100 can be set up for XON/XOFF or RTS/CTS, maybe the
poster was confusing the two machines.

Based on what I see in the 9100 Language Compiler doc, the 9010a only
supports XON/XOFF, and doesn’t implement hardware flow control at all.

  -- Ian