[Techtoolslist] Fluke 9010A 006/async self-test

Tony Jones tony at tonyjones.com
Tue Dec 26 17:29:13 EST 2017

Hi.

Has anyone else tried to perform the self-test for the 9010 async
module?  It is documented on pages 2-13 and 2-14 of the Asynchronous
Signature Probe Option 9000A-006 Operation Manual:
(http://files.stardustarcade.com/Test%20Equipment/Fluke/PDFs/9000A-006%20Async%20Probe1.pdf)

I'm using the archive of side-a of the tape from
ftp://ftp.flippers.com/TTL/TestEquipment/Fluke/9010%20Series/9010A%20Tapes/sig-a.h
(which I think came from Matt Rossiter -
http://www.vectorlist.org/TechTools/2011/06/0008.html)

I believe the hardware specific binaries are present and executing
however I'm unable to successfully pass self-test.   I constantly get
0000/255 rather than BB34/256.

I interpreted steps 3, 4 and 5 below to mean that I could connect
green, yellow and the probe tip to one lead of the 33 ohm resistor and
connect red, blue, black and probe ground to the other lead (as that's
a lot easier than trying to hang everything off the tips).

I'm also not seeing a "data delay" option in the 9010 setup menu so
I'm unable to set it to 4.

Curious if anyone else gets the expected result?

Thanks for your time

Tony

instructions:
3. Connect the start and clock (green and yellow) leads of the Clock
Module to the tip of the data probe.
4. Connect the stop (red), enable (blue), and ground (black) leads to
the data probe ground lead.
5. Connect a 33-ohm, 1/4-watt resistor across the group of connections
made in step 3 and the group of connections made in step 4. (The
resistor connects so that the data probe tip is shunted to the ground
lead.).
7. For the Model 9020A, run the example program listed in Section 6,
paragraph 6-5. For the 9005A and 9010A, refer to Initialization of the
Signature Function and:
- Set the start signal to a rising edge
- Sect the clock signal to a falling edge
- Set the stop counter to 256 (The clock limit count provides an end
to the gate time in lieu of a stop signal.)
- Set the data transition (event) count to gated
- Set the enable signal to low
- Set the data delay to 4
- Press the PULSE HIGH key on the Troubleshooter.
- Press the READ PROBE key, and the display reads
WAIT
followed by
SIGNATURE BB34 COUNT 256
Any other signature or count indicates a problem with the Signature
Module, the Clock Module, or the Troubleshooter.