[Techtoolslist] EPROM Programming Woes...

John Robertson jrr at flippers.com
Mon Apr 9 13:17:37 EDT 2018

On 2018/04/09 7:09 AM, Jess Askey wrote:
> So, I have this working fairly consistently now...  in the end, my 29B with a Unipak2 is pretty solid.... I made the jump to Promlink 6.1 now that Im running DOSbox and things are much more predictable. I can also run at 19.2 Baud which is making the file transfer for these files (32KB) much better albeit, still quite slow. After going through dozens of EPROM, I found that some of mine just wouldn't program at all anymore, they would start and then fail, I could erase them, but they just wouldn't ever program again, so my thoughts are that
I find that about 10% of older EPROMs are toast, I have a couple of
different burners (Xeltek 610P and Data I/O 29B) and they just refuse to
reprogram these. Some even refuse to erase...

29B also does 2708s which can be handy. I have a couple of burners
(Andromeda Research - reading, or Pro-Log - burning) for 1702s as well,
but those are only used in a few games (Zaccaria and ?) so pretty rare
to pull those out.

John :-#)#