[Techtoolslist] Fluke on Mario Bros.

John Robertson jrr at flippers.com
Tue Apr 17 12:24:05 EDT 2018

Hi David,

I too am having a problem with a Mario Bros game. Can read and write to
the CMOS RAM (passes all RAM tests), but it won't save settings when
turned off then back on. Self tests are also good.

Annoying!

Anyone else run into that? I'm thinking of ripping out the CMOS battery
circuit and replacing with an NVRAM and direct connection to the /CS
instead of the transistor & /Reset circuit that is there now. If it
works I will let folks here know.

And I still get the CTL ERR message below when using the BUS TEST even
after turning off the Error flags.

John :-#(#