[Techtoolslist] Fluke FIDE 4.1.9 Run-time error'68'

John Robertson jrr at flippers.com
Wed Jul 18 16:26:13 EDT 2018

I've been using the 9010A only with the keyboard, however I am now
finding that I have to run some scripts for servicing some old game
boards - Pole Position 2 by Namco. By and large I can type the stuff in,
but I wanted to use FIDE to both edit the code and upload it to my unit
either via the USB mod or the Wi-Fi mod (back in 2015/2016 we talked
about these).

Is anyone else using Quarterarcade's FIDE? I have a regular occurrence
of the run-time error 68.

It is Windows based:

68 	Device unavailable 	A hardware device or necessary requirement for
the program is not being found. Verify all hardware and software
required by the program is installed. If you continue to have the same
issues verify the latest updates are installed for the program as well
as any hardware device the program needs.

Anyone else found a solution or a cause for this?

James did leave the source code for FIDE:

https://app.assembla.com/spaces/FIDE/subversion/source/HEAD

I don't know if James is still hanging out here at TTL, but I certainly
appreciate his FIDE program! Perhaps FIDE just isn't happy running over
a network...or does it needs longer timeouts?

Thanks,

John :-#)#