[Techtoolslist] 9010A to 9100A Program Translator

Ian Eure ian at retrospec.tv
Fri Aug 17 14:05:47 EDT 2018

John Robertson writes:

> Was digging through my Fluke paper and found my original printed
> copy
> for the file called Fluke_9XXX Series Status.xls (on /Fluke
> page) and
> buried in the list was Fluke part number 9100A-030 9010A TO
> 9100A
> PROGRAM TRANSLATOR. We have the book (PN877696) archived on TTL,
> but
> where is the software?

I thought for sure I saw this on the FTP, but maybe it was just
the
manual, and the FTP site seems to be down so I can’t check.

> Other items on this list are also of interest:
>
> 9100A-020 TEST LANGUAGE CHECKER (only have the flyer on TTL)

This is the DOS program which checks the syntax of your TL/1
programs.  If you’re writing TL/1 code on a PC, it saves you the
time
downloading the code to the 9100 and checking the syntax there.
This
is on the FTP site, I think the name is TLC.EXE, but there isn’t
an
archival copy of the original disk.

> 9100A-904 SOFTWARE UPGRADE/W/PRG'MRS KIT V6.1 (nothing)

This is the 6.1 upgrade kit for older mainframes with the
programmer’s
option, and consists of the 6.1 system disks and 6.1 programmer
system
disks.  These are in the GitHub archive.

> 9100A-904K INCREMENT UPGRADE KIT/PRG'MR DISK V4.2A (nothing)

This is either an upgrade to 4.2 with the programmer option, or a
more
expensive upgrade to 6.1 for machines running older software.
They
might have cut people a break on price if they were going
6.0->6.1,
but charged more if it was 4.2->6.1.

The description sounds more like it’s an upgrade to 4.2A, but it
seems
odd that it would have the same p/n as the 6.1 upgrade.

I don’t have any programmer disks older than 6.0, and would be
interested in getting some.

  -- Ian