[Techtoolslist] 9010A to 9100A Program Translator

John Robertson jrr at flippers.com
Fri Aug 17 15:55:58 EDT 2018

On 2018/08/17 11:53 AM, Ian Eure wrote:
> John Robertson writes:
>
>> Hi Ian,
>>
>> The active ftp site is ftp://ttl.arcadetech.org/TTL/Test_Equipment , it
>> is up for me. It is messy, and I hope whoever volunteered to tidy up the
>> Fluke section will get in touch with me again.
>>
> Yep... It was timing out trying to connect eariler, but seems to be
> working now.
>

>> Hmm, a TLC.EXE file is tucked away here:
>>
>> ftp://ttl.arcadetech.org/TTL/Test_Equipment/Fluke/9100%20Series/9100_TLC_Program_For_IBM_PC/
>>
>> Thanks for that info, I will hunt my piles of discs, and old backups to
>> see what appears. I also have a number of hard drives from my 6 x 9100As
>> that I have never attempted to archive, so I think that is a project for
>> the near future, who knows what is on them cause I don't!
>>
>> What I was hoping was one of the other documents would go into detail on
>> the modifications made to the motherboard that upgraded it to 1.44
>> floppies - you have to have version 5.0 of the ROM installed too.
>>
> Has anyone seen a 9100A with high density FDDs that operate in high
> density mode?  I’ve seen UniSite programmers which had high density
> drives installed, but jumpered into DD mode so they’d work with the
> older controller on the mainboard.
>
> Looking at the schematics, it seems like the A and FT use nearly
> identical chipsets, and I see a DENS line wired up on the A, which
> would control or indicate the floppy density... So maybe it’s simply a
> matter of installing the 5.0 ROMs, 6.1 system, and a high density
> floppy drive.
If you have Revision G motherboard then I expect you have the 1.44
upgrade done. Look for a bunch of jumpers on the underside.

If you want to update your MB to the G level allowing 1.44 Sony (?)
floppies (& you need RV5.0 EPROM) then here are what I think are all the
mods:

1) Cut traces @ W5, W6 and W7
2) Jumper W5 (connected to U27-P3) to U72-P9 (unused 7417 gate).
3) Jumper U72-P8 to W7 that connects to J14-P1
4) Jumper other side of W7 (ground) to W6 (side connected to J14-P4)
5) Jumper U27-P1 to U72-P5 (unused 7417 gate)
6) Jumper U72-P6 to J14-P16 (currently N/C)
7) Jumper W6 (connected to CHNG2 - J13-P1) to W5 (connected to J14-P2 -
/SPARE)
8) for RV5.0 EPROM check that W2 is cut

Photos:

ftp://ttl.arcadetech.org/TTL/Test_Equipment/Fluke/9100%20Series/Photos/

I think that is all of them. I need to draw up the revised schematics,
but no time! Will do that over the next day or two..

John :-#)#