[Techtoolslist] 9010A to 9100A Program Translator

Ian Eure ian at retrospec.tv
Fri Aug 17 14:53:44 EDT 2018

John Robertson writes:

> Hi Ian,
>
> The active ftp site is ftp://ttl.arcadetech.org/TTL/Test_Equipment , it
> is up for me. It is messy, and I hope whoever volunteered to tidy up the
> Fluke section will get in touch with me again.

Yep... It was timing out trying to connect eariler, but seems to be
working now.

> Hmm, a TLC.EXE file is tucked away here:
>
> ftp://ttl.arcadetech.org/TTL/Test_Equipment/Fluke/9100%20Series/9100_TLC_Program_For_IBM_PC/
>
> Thanks for that info, I will hunt my piles of discs, and old backups to
> see what appears. I also have a number of hard drives from my 6 x 9100As
> that I have never attempted to archive, so I think that is a project for
> the near future, who knows what is on them cause I don't!
>
> What I was hoping was one of the other documents would go into detail on
> the modifications made to the motherboard that upgraded it to 1.44
> floppies - you have to have version 5.0 of the ROM installed too.

Has anyone seen a 9100A with high density FDDs that operate in high
density mode?  I’ve seen UniSite programmers which had high density
drives installed, but jumpered into DD mode so they’d work with the
older controller on the mainboard.

Looking at the schematics, it seems like the A and FT use nearly
identical chipsets, and I see a DENS line wired up on the A, which
would control or indicate the floppy density... So maybe it’s simply a
matter of installing the 5.0 ROMs, 6.1 system, and a high density
floppy drive.

Probably easiest to start by swapping the disk from a FT into an A,
setting the disk type with the service disk, and see what happens.

  -- Ian