[Techtoolslist] Souping up the 9100A

Tony Jones tony at tonyjones.com
Thu Sep 6 14:43:14 EDT 2018

On Thu, Sep 6, 2018 at 10:34 AM, Ian Eure <ian at retrospec.tv> wrote:

> My reading was that the labels had been added by someone, and it wasn't screened on the metal.  I've examined four 9100s (two A, two FT), and have never seen anything like this.

The screening is present on all 4 of my FTs (2x 9100,  1x 9110, 1x
9105).   I don't see similar on any of my three 9100As.

There is nothing different about the pinout of J13 (the expansion
connector on the FT) vs J4 (same expansion connector on the A) so I
assume said card would work on both FT and A assuming of course the
card was ever actually released.   I have no clue what functionality
the OS exposes via the card and I've never seen mention of it in any
documentation.

Pic: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1ygJB7wqiQlIOIlWuXEZq5xxZ7IdXaZAO/view?usp=sharing