[Techtoolslist] 9100FT U36 NVRAM archive - YES

Ian Eure ian at retrospec.tv
Sat Sep 29 00:22:49 EDT 2018

John Robertson writes:

> Also, the SCSI2SD Rv5 does not work on the FT, the RV3 does, as
> does the
> Aztec Monster. Not sure why, RV3 has the same SD card as the RV5
> tried, but the 5 just locked up the machine. Worked once or
> twice, but
> mostly locked up when it gets to the load the operating system.

This was tickling my memory the other day.  I have definitely
experienced weirdness with the SCSI2SD v5 on FT machines, but not
consistently.  On one machine, I experienced lockups until I
removed
the terminating resistors and switched to a three-connector cable
with
a terminator plugged into the end.  I haven’t tried any of the
other
versions.

Another FT machine worked flawlessly with a SCSI2SD right out of
the
box.

Maybe certain revs of the MFA card are sensitive, and/or the
terminating resistor packs being towards the top/bottom end of
their
tolerance makes it flake out.

  -- Ian