[Techtoolslist] Fluke FIDE 4.1.9 Run-time error'68'

Ian Eure ian at retrospec.tv
Sun Aug 11 23:25:08 EDT 2019

Tony Jones <tony at tonyjones.com> writes:

> On Sun, Aug 11, 2019, 6:51 PM William Stillwell
> <ki4swy at gmail.com> wrote:
>

>> i think we are kind of forced with "winblows" until we have a C
>> version of
>> the 9lc compiler?
>>

> Good point. I'd forgotten about 9lc.  The bytecode sequences are
> in the
> manual, should be easy to write a parser. Personally I'd do the
> whole thing
> in Python using one of the wrappers around Yacc or Antlr.

I took a stab at this a while back, but abandoned it, partly
because the amount of effort to get it 100% was unjustifiable, and
partly because I upgraded to a 9100.  It’s all on my GitHub in
case someone wants to pick it up (unlikely, as it’s written in
Clojure, a Lisp dialect for the JVM) or study the code:
https://github.com/ieure/flub/ -- I left some decent comments.

Instead, I wrote a program that runs 9lc inside DOSBox.  It took
probably 15 minutes and there’s zero chance of it failing in some
way 9lc doesn’t.  It’s also on my GitHub:
https://github.com/ieure/fcw/ -- I’ve used the same approach with
TLC.EXE for 9100 programs, and it work just as well.

Also, because I use Emacs for everything, I wrote a major mode for
9010a source: https://github.com/ieure/9lc-mode

  -- Ian