[Techtoolslist] Fluke FIDE 4.1.9 Run-time error'68'

Bob Economaki cyberbarter at gmail.com
Sun Aug 11 23:56:32 EDT 2019

If anyone wants access to the FIDE VB6  source code, James put it up on
Github. See below.

Below is a thread from James and myself from last year.  I have the FIDE
VB6 project running on Win10 so I can reference the old code. I wanted
to port FIDE to VS 2019 C#.

My first attempt so far has been a pain due to the fact that there are
old VB6 external module dependencies and calls that are not in WIndows
10. I have yet to shag down contemporary/current counterparts.

Object = "{F9043C88-F6F2-101A-A3C9-08002B2F49FB}#1.2#0"; "comdlg32.ocx"
Object = "{831FDD16-0C5C-11D2-A9FC-0000F8754DA1}#2.0#0"; "mscomctl.ocx"
Object = "{648A5603-2C6E-101B-82B6-000000000014}#1.1#0"; "MSCOMM32.OCX"
Object = "{EAB22AC0-30C1-11CF-A7EB-0000C05BAE0B}#1.1#0"; "shdocvw.dll"
Object = "{3B7C8863-D78F-101B-B9B5-04021C009402}#1.2#0"; "richtx32.ocx"

Porting the original UI VB6 forms to VS 2019 xaml winforms or WPF forms
would be easy. I have 1/2 of them ported. Finding the external call
references and required dll's is a pain.

I got to the point in the conversion that I accepted and appreciated
James VB6 FIDE app that I abandoned the port and can live with the DOS
BOX workaround for the 91c compiler.

BobE

Thanks James.

This will be one of those winter science projects/challenges. I will see
how far I get. Could be fun.

Regards

BobE