[Techtoolslist] Fluke 9100A - Cannot boot from system disks

Marc Desfossés mdesfoss at hotmail.com
Sun Mar 15 13:09:52 EDT 2020

Hi,

I am trying to setup a 9100A unit. The initial hard disk was defective. I had a "missing hard drive" error message.

I've upgrade the roms to the V5 version and setup a SCSI2SD drive. I was able to format the disk with service disk 1.4

Whenever I try to boot from the system disks (tried original disks 4.1, images from 6.0 and 6.1), I get an error:

     Error 243 loading /dd/rom/appl

I can skip it but then then I get more errors:

    root: appl missing
    root: Can't start application
    Path Name not found

And the unit freezes at Initializing system.

Error 243 is a CRC error based on the documentation. The floppy drive seems fine since I can load service disk 1.4. I thought that I did not restore the images properly but since I also get the error with original 4.1 disks, I am not sure what I can try next.

Did anyone have had a similar problem ?

Thanks

Marc