[Techtoolslist] Computer systems

Paul Hogger simply.nes at btopenworld.com
Tue Mar 17 18:56:06 EDT 2020

 Most newer motherboards still have a connection for serial even if it's not installed. I checked my motherboard manual and it had a header for serial so I just bought one of those cheap serial ports attached to an L bracket off ebay and installed that. Just remember to enable it in the bios, I use dosbox in windows 7 to run the old software for my programmer. Serial to usb adapters work pretty well too, but try and get one with a FT232RL chipset (I use a Digitus branded one).
Paul.