[Techtoolslist] Computer systems

Bob Economaki cyberbarter at gmail.com
Tue Mar 17 22:01:50 EDT 2020

Prolific stopped support with Windows 8.1 - Windows 10.

You can successfully install your old USB-to-Serial adapter based on the
Profilic PL-2303HXA & PL-2303X chipsets on Windows 8, Windows 8.1 and
Windows 10 operating systems.
Find the old driver version 3.3.2.102 dated 24/09/2008. Manually install
the driver via Device Manager.

FYI
https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-hardware/prolific-usb-to-serial-comm-port-windows-10/0a4f8e48-7135-4434-9d10-349c9ce87fcf?auth=1&page=3