[Techtoolslist] Fluke 9100A - Cannot boot from system disks

Tony Jones tony at tonyjones.com
Thu Mar 19 10:50:07 EDT 2020

On Thu, Mar 19, 2020, 6:35 AM Marc Desfossés <mdesfoss at hotmail.com> wrote:

> I tried the TEAC drive and it's the same as Sony. To be sure it was not
> related to the HxC firmware,  I installed FlashFloppy 3.13 and set the
> drive back to Sony. I get the same ERROR 205.

You used the FF.CFG that I sent you?  I'll email you the actual contents of
the USB drive I use.  Its write protected.

I see there is a Test Floppy Disk option in service disk 1.4 but it's not
> implemented. It's not there at all on Service disk 6. Is there a known way
> to perform a Floppy Test ?

Not that I am aware of.

Unrelated but FYI. Switching to Canon will likely cause issues with drive
being detected due to !CHG being on pin 16, Shugart spec is CHG on pin 2.
See my old post. Canon drives and Canon firmware actually seems to
implement the disc change detect test in the service manual, Sony ignores
it.  Which is why sometimes you see grounding pin 16 mentioned.