[Techtoolslist] Fluke 9100A - Cannot boot from system disks

Marc Desfossés mdesfoss at hotmail.com
Thu Mar 19 09:35:25 EDT 2020

Hi,

> Can you format the scsi2sd card (from recovery) and then once you reach the
> above step after booting from Gotek can you copy the files from the system
> and master "floppies" onto the sdcard?    Then when booting from sdcard do
> you get the same error?

Once the system is up (after ignoring the error 205 on disk 2), I  can copy disk 1 but I am unable to copy disk 2 or 3. It says INVALID FILE after about 45 seconds. I cannot ignore this error so the copy ends there.

I tried the TEAC drive and it's the same as Sony. To be sure it was not related to the HxC firmware,  I installed FlashFloppy 3.13 and set the drive back to Sony. I get the same ERROR 205.

I see there is a Test Floppy Disk option in service disk 1.4 but it's not implemented. It's not there at all on Service disk 6. Is there a known way to perform a Floppy Test ?

The only thing I have not updated yet is the RAM (Still at 2Mb). I do not think that 2Mb is the issue since I can load from the hard disk.

Thanks

Marc