[Techtoolslist] Xeltek Universal Programmer Superpro interface?

John Robertson jrr at flippers.com
Tue Mar 24 01:42:29 EDT 2020

On 2020/03/23 8:05 p.m., davids at oz.net wrote:
> Have one of these that has been on the shelf for years never figured out how
> to hook it up.  Has a DB 25 connector on the side of it but I don't know if
> that is a dedicated card cable interface (IE Needhams PB10) or a parallel
> cable interface.
>
> Anyone know?
>
> It is similar to the one on ebay (not mine):
> https://www.ebay.com/itm/XELTEK-SUPERPRO-Universal-Programmer/112865734595
>
> And if it is parallel what software supports it?  I have an XP box which I
> should be able to run it on.
>
> Thanks,
>
> David

Hi David,

Ah, the original SuperPro! You can tell it is the original if it has no
power input socket. Later versions had a socket for a wall wart supply.
That was a good burner in its time and still will work if you have the
controller card - and a PC slot. I think Xeltek still offers limited
support for this obsolete unit, mostly the programming program - but not
the interface card.

If you want to reproduce the card I can lend you mine to play with. As I
recall it has a voltage regulator and some TTL glue to talk to the
burner itself.

If you have a different SuperPro I still may be able to assist as I have
a few variations that I have picked up over the years. It is one reason
I have a Xeltek section in the FTP site.

John :-#)#