[Techtoolslist] Using Fluke 9010 with ethernet / Wi-Fi (solution)

davids at oz.net davids at oz.net
Sun Mar 29 22:29:45 EDT 2020

I have seen a few ways of doing this in the past and wanted to share the one
I have been using for less than $20.

I connected a HLK-RM04 serial -> Ethernet / Wi-Fi module to the fluke.

Then configured it for a fixed address on ethernet.

Then I run HW Virtual Serial Port software to route the com port on my
desktop machine (running FIDE) to the address of the RM04.  For this I use
the HW VSP3 Single software.

Works a treat, bi directional and over wired and wireless no dropouts or
errors.  More reliable than a serial cable has been for me in the past.

9600 baud, Even Parity,  1 stop, 8 data

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Hi-link-HLK-RM04-Serial-Wifi-Ethernet-Wifi-Module-R
S232-RS485-Module/253225173923?hash=item3af56583a3:m:mmzCM_wQDHUjy1_NCBrQFvw

https://www.hw-group.com/software/hw-vsp3-virtual-serial-port

This solution also works from within a Hyper-V Virtual Machine.  I created
one running Windows 7 32 bit to support the FIDE software.  But I also
verified today that running a Win 10 32 bit VM also works with FIDE and the
VSP software (has to be 32 bit or the FIDE software and compilers won't
work).

David