[Techtoolslist] Fluke 9105A

Kevin Moore talon.k at gmail.com
Wed Mar 10 21:37:52 EST 2021

Well, I got an SCSI2SD v 5.1 with a 16gb sd card. Built a service disk 1.4
and booted. I then did a system setup, noticed that under the 9105 there is
no setting for the hard drive even after selecting that the system had a
IEEE 488 card. So I did the 9100 setup, and there was a HDD setup. So I did
that, and tested the SCSI2SD by running a format. Format ran fine. I then
used the 6.1 img file Thank Andy wrote that to the SD card and rebooted.
Bam. The system booted with the 6.1 img. Sweet!!!

A few notes. The 9105a had v 5.0 roms, and 4 meg already installed. So that
made things easier for me.

Was also able to run the monitor display test on the service disk. The
monitor works just fine! Woot.

Next up is doing the mods for a standard AT keyboard.

Being the nood that I am it took me a bit to understand the github file
system, and never having used Samdisk was interesting for me. But atlot of
reading I was able to get it figured out. The instructions I was able to
find did seem to work with a bit of assumptions. It's definately not a step
by step. But lot's of good work by those that helped build all the files
and docs! I would thank all that were involved but I'm sure I would miss
someone. But you all know who you are!!

This will be a nice addition to my test equipment and it was cool learning
about the scsi2sd and usb to floppy stuff. I did not know about those and
that will help on other projects.

Very cool stuff.

Thank you all!

Kevin