[Town Meeting] another substitute motion on article 25

Josh Lobel jlobel at rcn.com
Wed May 7 14:49:59 EDT 2008

I appreciate Ms. Band's desire to eliminate gas leaf blowers for
environmental reasons. Several cities in California have done this, and
several states have discussed doing it. A quick google search clearly
indicates that the 2-cycle gas engines that power many gas powered leaf
blowers are excessive polluters. Since it is very difficult to
differentiate between newer cleaner engines, and older polluting
engines, I think it is reasonable to send the signal that we do not want
to our air polluted.

However, this can't be done overnight. It must be done in time to give
providers and consumers time to change their practices.

Thanks for your consideration,

Josh
Pct 8