[casual_games] Startup

Matt Benic matt.benic at 5dt.com
Thu Dec 8 03:17:29 EST 2005

Well my 'business partner' and I both spent two years doing 'pro' gamedev,
working on the Xbox and PS2, and when we left the industry (for the far too
common quality of life reasons that sees the industry losing loads of
experience and talent) we realized that we HAD to keep doing something in
game dev or we would go nuts. So we have started a mobile gamedev company in
our spare time, and to be honest we are a long way off from being able to
give up our day jobs and take the company fulltime. We were hoping to make
enough from royalties on titles to fund a small startup team, but that does
not seem likely to happen anytime soon. We are about to release our second
game and are working on a third (licenced) title, but from next year we will
most likely reevaluate our position and start doing made-to-order marketing
games.

Matt Benic
smallfry mobile
+27 (72) 1826161