[casual_games] pricing

Dave Rohrl daver at popcap.com
Wed Dec 14 02:47:44 EST 2005

I was pretty surprised myself.  We managed to build a pretty robust
business in both channels.  Of course, we did do our retail launches
about 90 days after our online launches.

We did get occasional complaints, but not too many and we had a customer
service script at the ready.  On the other hand, we did create a
business for a couple of enterprising entrepreneurs who would buy the
retail product for $10 and resell it on eBay for $15, calling out that
it was "the same game sold on the web site for $20."

- DaveR