[casual_games] license rates

BRENT SILBY brent at def-logic.com
Tue Nov 22 22:03:44 EST 2005

Hi all,
I've licensed games to a few clients over the years. In all of these cases, I've negotiated a sort of profit share deal with the client. It works out quite well for both parties.

Recently, however, I've been approached by a company that wish to license several games. They want to know how much I will charge as a license fee (so its not going to be profit share). I am unsure what to charge. What is a fair rate to license a webgame for? Can anyone please offer me some advice--perhaps give me a ballpark figure of what the going rate is?

Many thanks,
Brent Silby.
DEF-LOGIC
VIDEOGAMES