[casual_games] languages... (that's an 's' at the end!)

Joe Pantuso jpantuso at traygames.com
Thu Oct 6 19:15:41 EDT 2005

That's a fair point about the year.  It doesn't change the numbers though
98/ME machines being less than 10% of all Internet connected machines now.
I can't prove it easily, but I'd bet that of people with machines that old
they are considerably less likely to pull out a credit card and pay for a
game, so they probably aren't interesting to us anyway.  After all we do all
have to pay the bills regardless of who our players are.

We had market figures at McAfee 18 months ago that showed people with 98
were not buying software in significant enough numbers to keep supporting
them.  That's two annual release cycles ago.

Mac is a more interesting market, and bigger as far as sales into a
population go.  Completely beside the point right now I know, but with the
Mono guys already having a working XAML compiler I have every expectation of
porting our .NET based stuff over there at some point, maybe 2 years?
Certainly if Mac gains market share that will become ever more likely on
both fronts.