[casual_games] languages... (that's an 's' at the end!)

Hal Barwood hal at finitearts.com
Thu Oct 6 19:37:34 EDT 2005

Last post on this one for me:

I'm willing to stipulate that .NET is great.  And further, that few will
hesitate to download it -- from Microsoft, but maybe not from Joe X's
Shady Game Site -- if they need it for something regarded as important
and useful, like security software.

No one needs games.  Hard core maniacs will run out and buy a new
Alienware box for $3K if they need it to play the latest Doom or
Half-Life, but casual gamers are, almost by definition, behind the power
curve.  Not only is their hardware old and slow on average, but their
fear (and ignorance) of the world of computing is often high.

Our audience in aggregate does not resemble us developers, right?

Hal