[casual_games] Casual Games Wiki Deletion

Brian Robbins brian-l at dubane.com
Mon Oct 24 17:26:25 EDT 2005

Thanks for all the feedback so far on this. I'll try to respond to
everything at once.

> If there's desire for such a policy, I'd be happy to take a stab at one
and post it (where else but) to the wiki.

Strictly speaking there is a policy in place right now (which is what
started the entire thread :)
http://www.igda.org/wiki/index.php/Help:Policy_Manual

However I wanted to open this up for more feedback so we can get a feel for
what all of you will find useful. The policy manual strictly forbids
Classifieds (such as job postings) but does allow for Directories. Currently
the policy manual doesn't really allow for a page for a particular company,
but I think that's very much a grey area and that's what I wanted all of
your opinions on.

The more I think about it the more I tend to agree with the thought that if
people aren't interested in reading about a company, they simply won't read
it, and there's not much need for implicit banning of info pages.

I also want to make sure that we put as few limits as possible on what
content "is appropriate" for inclusion. The last thing I want to do is start
having anyone's content deleted as for the most part I think it's all
valuable.

> What about a template?

That's probably the best idea yet. I believe there's a way to setup
templates through mediaWiki but I'm not 100% sure. I could definitely use
some help from someone who's more familiar with this (hint-hint ;)

Finally, just a reminder that whether or not we all "drink the cool-aid" we
need to keep all personal comments off-list, and keep everything on-list
professional and respectful.

Thanks!

--
Brian Robbins