[casual_games] What's a good language?

Lionel Barret De Nazaris lionel.bdn at free.fr
Fri Apr 14 08:57:19 EDT 2006

Well, for a web site, CSS is mandatory.

I am quite wary of the AJAX hype, but knowing javascript is always good.
It is a modern language quite different than the class based java & c++.
It is based on a different paradigm (prototype). Beside it is very
useful to enhance one's website (without even thinking about AJAX).

Another pick would be python (my personal fav), this one is a
shapeshifter : you can do OOP if you want, functional, etc...
it Looks almost bland at first sight, but after a while, you realize it
is hiding a lot of cool stuff (generator, decorator, etc.). It does have
have a lot of web creation/management modules (web.py, etc...).

I looked at your site, and i am quite surprised : the blinking stuff is
quite annoying and i thought it was really a bad idea nowadays to put
something blinking on a web site. Do you feel it adds something
sales-wise ? maybe the statement blink=bad is limited to a demographic,
I wonder.
L.