[casual_games] Virtual mini conferences

Thomas H. Buscaglia thb at gameattorney.com
Wed Aug 23 15:14:11 EDT 2006

Jonas...you guys are the IGDA!

I'll participate if I can to see how it goes.  If
I can not, maybe one of those who do would be willing to report out on it.

Tom B

At 02:11 PM 8/23/2006, you wrote:
>I'm becoming more and more attached to the idea.
>I propose we do this. Set this up and try it
>out. I think 4-5 people should be able to pull it of. Ben? Anyone else?
>
>The first step would be to create a more
>established concept and a description of the
>venue, what it would be used for and how. We
>could then submit this work here to get some response.
>
>Is this something that IGDA should get directly involved with?
>
>Regards,
>Jónas B. Antonsson
>COO (Chief Operating Officer)
>--------------------------------
>Gogogic ehf.
>Fákafen 9, 108 Reykjavik, Iceland
>Mail jonas at gogogic.com <mailto:jonas at gogogic.com>
>Mob +354 664 8600
>Tel +354 534 7700
>Fax +354 534 7701
>Web www.gogogic.com <http://www.gogogic.com>
>blog www.jonasantonsson.com
>

>I'm 100% interested in having some roundtable
>industry discussions in Second Life. These
>things go on constantly in SL, like this one:
>
>http://www.vedrashko.com/advertising/2006/06/panel-on-marketing-to-virtual-avatars.html
><http://www.vedrashko.com/advertising/2006/06/panel-on-marketing-to-virtual-avatars.html>
>

>As Jónas said, this would be a cheap and quick
>way to exchange ideas and promote ourselves, our
>companies, and the casual game industry as a
>whole. It would be a snap to get some
>recognition on influential blogs and in the SL community.
>
>Anyone else interested? A basic account in
>Second Life is free and the learning curve is minimal.
>

>Ben Lewis
>Yatec Games
>Marketing and Sales
>(225)274-1550
>www.yatecgames.com <http://www.yatecgames.com>

¤º°`°º¤,¸¸,¤º°`°º¤¤º°`°º¤,¸¸,¤º°`°º¤
Thomas H. Buscaglia, Esquire
The Game Attorney
T. H. Buscaglia and Associates
80 Southwest 8th Street, Suite 2100
Miami, FL  33130
Tel (305) 324-6000
Fax (305) 324-1111
http://www.gameattorney.com

Confidential:  This email contains communications
protected by the attorney-client privilege and
the Electronic Communications Privacy Act, 18 USC
§§ 2510, et seq.   If you do not expect such a
communication from Thomas H. Buscaglia, please
attachment, and then notify Mr. Buscaglia at
thb at intelaw.com of this inadvertent misdelivery.