[casual_games] Portal Traffic

Peter Glover PGlover at atom.com
Wed Dec 6 15:25:14 EST 2006

Brian,

The numbers from all the external measuring services are so all over the
map.

The 39.5 million monthly unqiue user number is from our internal
measurements. These numbers are based on our own unique cookie count to
website pages (and does NOT including support-service HTTP requests like
high scores and key-unlock server validation, etc.)

Neilson and Comscore are always lower than our own measurements -- and
each have their own unque sampling bias. For example, shockwave.com is
viewed a lot from common PCs in schools -- these are typically not
counted by the measurement services.

Also, the time-on-site measurement is biased against game sites. Active
site usage is tracked by clicking on links and producing HTTP requests.
When someone is playing a game for 20-30 minutes, they are not actively
navigating the site and the measurement timer usually expires.

Peter

Peter Glover
VP, Games - Atom Entertainment, Inc.
The boss isn't looking, play games at: